Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

More about Open-Source Java

It's a hype, even people who do not know exactly what Java is are talking about it.

Sun 'releases' Java to the world

The most interesting thing is that when I started developing Java applications one of my previous employers tried to persuade me that Java would not succeed, it would die as it seemed to be just that fancy Applets running within a web browser (the security-holed Internet Explorer). A Microsoft Solution Provider at that time with tons of VB coders, ones that use Visual Studio to drag and drop a component and think they are real software developers...poor guys.

Ha, ha, ha, it sounds like joke for me nowadays, I replied: "there are a dozen of companies using it so I will invest too". One of the smartert choices I've made in my career so far.

And now in 2006 I am one of the JUG Leaders (and founder) of MGJUG and believe me, I have received a message from one guy who works for that same company, and now they are using JEE there.

So let me summarize: Java will dominate the world as of today and all other technologies (including RoR, Microsoft .NotYET and C#, it's pronounced Sharope in Brazilian Portuguese) will die.

Luckily, I have a lot of Java certifications and I am working with the three Java platforms for a long time now, so I will not be affected by this invasion. Actually, the opposite :)

So, if you're lucky like me you can sleep in peace and wake up in the morning with your Java phone ringing around...mine with loots of cool JME apps on it.

So stay tuned the next time and think out of the box my dear ;)

Gee, I don't want to be so mean :)

No comments: