Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The problem with mobile life - thoughts

A very interesting blog post at Forum Nokia Blogs, by Hartti Suomela, has made me think about the impacts of mobility in my life. And today I came across this article by BBC talking about almost the same problems.

While now I can do a lot of things that I couldn't ten years ago, I mean, I can make things more dynamically, sometimes I feel like being swamped by information all the time.

I do some problems, I must admit after some analysis, every time I check my official e-mail inbox it's full of new messages and even by filtering them I cannot keep up with everything, so I need to prioritize some messages and responses. I am involved in Java, Mobile, JUGs and now Symbian communities and I am always in touch with a lots of people, some are really good friends I cannot let waiting for a late reply...

Besides that all, I am always reading a lot of new stuff related to Java technologies (new JME JSRs and APIs, tools, articles, new JEE 5 APIs, etc) and since I have decided to study and learn Symbian C++ and S60 my time is not what I think I would need, things are getting worse.

My family doesn't let me check e-mails when on vacation, so I think they are really right :)

Oh my God, also thanks for having Hartti and the BBC writing about this important subject, it's changing my perception of some things!

No comments: