Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Game On exhibition at the Science Museum in London

That exhibition is simply amazing, it makes me feel as playing my old Odyssey console back in the 80's, when I started getting interested in electronics and then computing. Then I bought an Atari 2600, a Sinclair Spectrum afterwards and started programming some simple games using BASIC and only 48KB of memory. Good times :)

Unfortunately I live in Brazil and I cannot afford to go there just to visit Game On, just nostalgia then...

From BBC's In Pictures section:

"The Game On exhibition at the Science Museum in London brings together more than 120 different videogames, spanning the entire history of gaming – from the first videogame, SpaceWar in 1962, to the Xbox 360.

"This is about the history and culture and development of computer gaming," said the exhibition's co-ordinator Gaetan Lee.

Visitors can play on classic arcade games such as Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and Centipede and chart the growth of games over the last 40 years."

Check it out:

In pictures: Game On at the Science Museum

No comments: